Integrative Dental Arts (IDA)
30200 Agoura Road Suite 270
Agoura Hills CA 91301
|Monday||09:00AM – 5:00PM|
|Tuesday||8:00AM – 5:00PM|
|Wednesday||8:00AM – 5:00PM|
|Thursday||9:00AM – 5:00PM|
|Friday||Cleanings by appointment only|
For the health and safety of our patients, staff and doctors we are implementing new protocols for patient screening and social distancing, as well as adding new steps to our existing infection control and prevention routine.
Our office follows the CDC guidelines and those provided by the California Dental Association and the American Dental Association. However, since we have a fully accredited outpatient surgery center, our infection control protocols exceed these guidelines, to include the use of UVC lights to sterilize treatment rooms between patients, and Hepa filtration.
- All appointments are scheduled to allow extra time between patients.
- Seating in the waiting area has been rearranged to provide at least six feet between patients.
- Only the patient will be allowed in the consultation and surgery rooms, unless the patient is a minor.
- Anyone accompanying a patient will be asked to wait in the car, unless the patient is a minor, in which case only one parent should be with the patient.
- All new patients are asked to complete registration and health history forms online to minimize the time spent in common areas of the office.
Infection Control and Prevention
As a surgery office, we always adhere to CDC guidelines for infection control and prevention, and sterilization, including the following:
- All instruments are sterilized in autoclave machines, similar to those used in hospitals. These machines use steam and pressure to reach and maintain a temperature high enough to kill any microorganisms and their spores.
- Disposable plastic wrap is used to cover surfaces that are touched by surgeons and surgical assistants, such as light handles.
- Before and after each patient, our assistants use bacterial and viral wipes to clean all surfaces in the treatment room that were touched by the surgeon, assistants or patient.
- Surgeons and assistants wear new gloves and masks for every patient.
- Protective eyewear is available for patients upon request during surgical procedures.
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are taking additional steps out of an abundance of caution to protect our patients, staff and doctors.
- We are treating all surfaces in the office with long-lasting antimicrobial solutions, in addition to wiping everything down in the operatories and consultation rooms with disinfectant between patients.
- We are using long-lasting hand sanitizer, as well as single-use gloves with each patient.
- Our doctors and staff wear additional PPE, such as N95 masks and face shields.
- Hand sanitizer and tissues are provided for all patients, caretakers, and parents or guardians accompanying minor patients.
Screening and Scheduling
Prior to Your Appointment
- If you are a new patient, we ask that you complete registration forms and health history online.
- When scheduling appointments, you will be asked basic screening questions, such as:
- Are you currently experiencing any fever or flu-like symptoms?
- Have you had a fever or flu-like symptoms in the last 3 days?
- Have you had recent exposure (within the last 14 days) to individual with fever or flu-like symptoms?
- Have you traveled to the affected COVID-19 areas in the last 14 days?
Upon Arrival for Your Appointment
- To maintain proper social distancing, when you arrive at the office for your appointment, please call our main office number. One of our staff members will let you know when you should come into the office.
- If anyone accompanies you to your appointment, they will be asked to wait in the car.
- When you arrive, one of our surgical assistants will take your temperature and ask you the screening questions above.
Only the patient will be allowed in the consultation or surgery room, unless the patient is a minor. If the patient is under 18, one parent (or guardian) can be in the consultation room. No one is allowed in the surgery room except the patient.
– DR. KATHLEEN CARSON
We hope you and your family are staying safe and are in good health!, the best of our ability we want to offer any help and support, to you and your family as we trudge forward and navigate the upcoming days.
As we bind together to overcome the inconveniences, and potential risks we currently face, your health is our priority. My team and I are here for you. Please reach out to us at anytime for any reason and we will get right back to you!